[Avodah] Shlosh esre midot

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Oct 5 14:24:04 PDT 2008

I recently saw a beautiful interpretation of the beginning, HaShem,
HaShem...
The first HaShem is prior to committing a sin and the second HaShem is
after committing a sin. The midas chesed is so powerful that there is
compassion
even prior to a sin. Now you might ask if you haven't committed a sin,
then what
need is there for compassion?  The answer is that He knows we're going
to sin,
so He therefore preempts it with giving a foundation of compassion
even before.

I also saw an interesting teshuva -- that a rasha who has bitachon is
actually looked
upon favorably by HaShem -- or at least his reesh'ut  is mitigated (a
comforting thought
during the Asseret y'mei teshuva.

ri