[Avodah] Out of Hand Leads to Out of Our Hand

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Fri Oct 3 13:20:00 PDT 2008

: All I can say is that looking back at events in life, etc. etc., it
: becomes apparent that there was much good not apparent at the time.
: The more you look back, the more you can gain bitachon.

"You are speaking to someone who lost a child, so I have a hard time
embracing that idea..."

You are absolutely correct and there is no way to justify what I said
in light of what happened to you.

There was a book that an O. rabbi wrote regarding the Holocaust. His
thesis was very interesting.
He said that if someone actually experienced the horrors of the
holocaust or had loved ones killed, then
that person has every right to be angry at God or even not believe in
Him. The interesting twist on his
thesis was that if someone was NOT in the holocaust and only knew
about it through others or history books,
then this person was not entitled to be angry at God or to become an
atheist because of it.

ri