[Avodah] Free Will vs Physics

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Wed Oct 1 20:34:32 PDT 2008

R' Zev said:
"I see a baby as like a person holding the remote control to a TV, one
of those
complex remotes with hundreds of buttons and all kinds of functions,
but who has no idea how to use it, or even what it's for."

That's a very good analogy and you make a cogent argument.
However, you originally stated that a baby makes a choice whether to
cry or not and there, I disagree. Baby's cry when they want something,
when they hurt, when they wet their diapers, etc. Do you really think
that
involves free will?
I don't think so.