[Avodah] Unwrapping the second (or third Sefer Torah(

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Mar 10 13:57:04 PDT 2008

D&E-H Bannett wrote:
> The same hakpada is common on a one-sefer Shabbat.  One doesn't start
> the b'rakha of the haftarah before the sefer is covered.

I thought that was so that the people doing hagba and gelila would be
free to listen to the haftara.  AFAIK there's no hakpada not to open
the sefer from which the haftara is to be read until the sefer Torah
is fully dressed.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.