[Avodah] Sefer HaChinuch on why 2 weeks Nidah for a girl and only 1 for a boy

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Mar 5 15:26:24 PST 2008

On Wed, March 5, 2008 3:37pm, R Daniel Israel wrote:
: Rambam might also, arguably, have concluded differently if he knew
: there would be a case of a real musmach, davka according to his
: shita...

You say "arguably", but I would argue not.

Ravina veR' Ashi sof hara'ah despite their lack of real semichah. As I
quoted, he bases the authority on it being mequbal umispasheit bekhol
Yisrael. The qualifications of the poseiq didn't play a role.

RYBS argued that we rely on the SA, Mappah and nosei keilim no less
than we do shas, and therefore by the Rambam's criteria, the standard
SA page defines rishonim and their precedence.

SheTir'u baTov!
-micha

--
Micha Berger             "Man wants to achieve greatness overnight,
micha at aishdas.org        and he wants to sleep well that night too."