[Avodah] Clever collector

M Cohen mcohen at touchlogic.com
Fri Feb 15 10:50:39 PST 2008

On an interesting note, I told your question to a friend and he told me a
very similar case that truly happened to some he knows.

A carpenter was owed $2000 for work performed and was continually delayed in
getting his payment by the baalabas.

When he finally (after a year) got a check, he went to cash it immediately.

The teller (whom he knew) told him that he c/t cash it because there was
only $1800 in the acnt.

On the spot, he deposited $200 in the acnt and then cashed the check.

btw, in this case (since the money was truly owed) it was certainly mutar.

regards,
Mordechai Cohen