[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

Liron Kopinsky liron.kopinsky at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 15:50:13 PST 2008

> >>RTK: But never would we have had a milchig meal on Shabbos (well,
> sholosh seudos OK).<<

I was once at someone's house in Israel who went to a nice and early minyan
on Shabbat, came home, and had lunch, with challah, smoked salmon, cheese
etc. at 10ish. Then later, at about 4 they had another meal with real meat
(which was really good as a side note).

Two points:
1) If you are going to have one milchik meal on Shabbat day, it seems to me
that lunch is the more Chashuv out of the 2 and you should reserve the
milchik's for Seuda Shlishit. This however could be problematic in the
winter.
2) Even if you do milchik for lunch, you still need to make sure not to use
aged cheeses if you want to have fleishik a few hours later.