[Avodah] Kol Yisrael Areivim...

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Feb 4 19:57:00 PST 2008

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 05:29:32PM -0500, Richard Wolberg wrote:
: Whether it's "zeh lazeh," "zeh bazeh", "zeh mizeh", or "zeh
: ayzeh" (sounds like a new niggun), the bottom line is we're still
: responsible. Too much theory can cloud practice.

I think "mixed one into the other" is a far stronger statement with
different import than "guarantors one for the other". One calls for me
to take responsibility. The other calls on me to not view another Jew
as through he is really "another". Duty vs intimate bond.

Micha Berger             The fittingness of your matzos [for the seder]
micha at aishdas.org        isn't complete with being careful in the laws
http://www.aishdas.org   of Passover. One must also be very careful in
Fax: (270) 514-1507      the laws of business.    - Rabbi Israel Salanter