[Avodah] Binfol oyivkha al tismach?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Feb 4 11:44:49 PST 2008

On Mon, January 28, 2008 1:05 pm, R Michael Makovi wrote:
: This is precisely why I said what R' Telushkin says on immediate
: survivors versus descendants. We most certainly did sing the entire
: shirat hayam, and there are no midrashim (to my knowledge) faulting us
: for this. Rather, davka the malakhim are faulted. And we today spill
: wine at the seder (although it was said this has nothing to do with
: sadness) and say half-Hallel.
: But I wonder if, as per R' Telushkin, there may be in fact a
: difference between the immediate survivor and the descendants....

What about chayav kol adam lir'os es atzmo
ke'ilu hu atzmo yatza miMitzrayim?

SheTir'u baTov!
-micha