[Avodah] Kol Yisrael Areivim

Daniel Israel dmi1 at hushmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:16:42 PST 2008

Elazar M. Teitz wrote:
> RMB wrote:
>> The Vilna Shas, Shavuos 39a, has "lazeh". Teimanim ad loc have
>> "bazeh", and Mechon Mamre corrected accordingly. The same quote in
>> Ein Yaaqov is "bazeh"
>
> I have two editions of the Vilna Shas: Vilna, 1887 (Rom) and New
> York, 1948 (Shulsinger).  Both have "bazeh" in Shavuos, as does the
> Chorev Shas.  There is no mention in Dikdukei Sof'rim of an alternate
> girsa.  Also, in Sanhedrin 27b it is "bazeh" in all the above.

I have the new Friedman edition (what one of my Rebbaim called "big
red," but my wife just bought me the black chason version, a belated
wedding present) which has a very nice set of additional Haghos on the
daf.  Assuming we are talking about the last words on the daf, it has
"bazeh," and mentions no variants.

Beyond that, I'm out of my league.

--
Daniel M. Israel