[Avodah] What would a Torah government look like

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:35:31 PST 2008

> > As for the topic of enforcing mitzvos bein adam laMaqom or mitzvos
> > shim'iyos... I think the advisability and permissability is sorely
> > curtailed by tov sheyihyu shogegin.
>
> Though mutav sheyihyu shogegin doesn't apply to explicit d'oraitot.
>
> --
> Zev Sero

But maybe nowadays, when even an explicit d'oraita isn't so
clear...With all the secularism and off-the-derech-ism and
baal-teshuva-ism...

(I've got a mate here at BT yeshiva who still doesn't wash for bread
yet. I haven't said anything, because I know that there was the time
when I was saying brachot and keeping kosher but not washing yet.)

Mikha'el Makovi