[Avodah] Hopeful Vision

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 03:39:35 PST 2008

> My personal feelings have been very optimistic also for another reason. It
> is our traditional belief that God knows everything that will ever occur.
> Hence, if the end of man were to be total evil, then it seems unlikely that
> God would have created a world doomed to failure.
> ri

This is the justification I have seen for our knowing that the world
will in fact be redeemed. If Hashem created man and the world, then it
simply cannot be that His purpose in Creation will not be achieved.
His starting the task is itself a guarantee that He will finish it (or
that it will be finished). Similarly  that He gave Am Yisrael Torah
and the gentiles "Torah-lite", is His vote of confidence in our
ability to keep these.

Mikha'el Makovi