[Avodah] Ribis and LH re: Non Jews - Crossing Threads

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:02:04 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 1:21 PM, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> I have problems with claiming the difference is only as a member of
> the nation. A Jew on a desert island, and thus out of contact with all
> other people, who eats treif in total privacy, would still have to
> bring a chatas. A non-Jew who does the same would not. One can argue
> that he is still mystically connected to the Jewish masses, but that's
> far from anything R' Leibowitz would have said.
>
> And so, I would disagree on two points:
>

> SheTir'u baTov!
> -micha

You are conflating bein adam lamakom to bein adam lachaviero

"Robinson Caruso" would  have  few isseus of bein adam lachaveiro but still
be obligatd to do bein adam lamakom

But the ikkar Torah is in a community.  Bedi'avad of course one does what he
can on a desert island

More later BEH.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,