[Avodah] Love of gerim for each other

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 10:33:22 PST 2008

From: R' Mikha'el Makovi

> *Pesachim[1]  <#_ftn1>(113b): *Our Rabbis taught: There are three who
> love each  other. They are gerim, slaves and ravens.

>>The ger part and the  slave part is simple. The raven part I don't
understand.<<

For a truly fascinating article about ravens, see
_http://www.shamans-sf.org/raven/index.html_ (http://www.shamans-sf.org/raven/index.html)

It's about a particular family of ravens in a San Francisco park, that have
forged relationships with certain humans whom they know and recognize, but it
also talks a lot about ravens in general.

"Ravens are one of the few creatures on the planet that mate for life. They
have sophisticated family/clan systems. And, the clan joins together for
mutual  gain. Ravens also have been observed making tools, engaging in play with
each  other and have a language of over 75 calls."

--Toby Katz
Romney -- good  values, good family, good hair
Best hope against  Hillary