[Avodah] Prohibition of Eating Blood

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jan 15 12:44:47 PST 2008

On Thu, January 10, 2008 6:47 pm, Cantor Richard Wolberg wrote:
: It is interesting to note that with modern forensic medicine we have
: found that once the slightest amount of blood is left on any object,
: there is no way of removing every trace of it....
: It would seem to me that perhaps the prohibition of blood centers
: around the fact that the tamei it conveys can never be fully
: eliminated.

Except that what's assur isn't blood in general, it's circulatory
blood. The blood that has gotten into everything and can't be fully
eliminated is mutar.

SheTir'u baTov!
-micha