[Avodah] dvar tora

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:51:35 PST 2008

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:27:27 EST
T613K at aol.com wrote:

> From: Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org>
> >> And yet  Bisyah named Moshe because of
> what seems to be a semitic play on the name  "min hamayim meshisihu". Kind
> of neat: Bisyah called him "son" because she  was the one who took him /
> had her maid take him out of the  water.<<
>
>  >>>>>
> Speaking of which, how did she get the name Bisyah (or as some say,  Basyah)?

I'm not sure who 'some' are, but the Masoretic text of Divre Ha'yamim
(1:4:18) reads 'Bisyah'.

[I originally wrote 'the author of Divre Ha'yamim wrote', but I
subsequently emended as above since I believe that it is far from clear
that the Biblical authors (or transcribers) actually wrote the Nikkud.]

> --Toby  Katz

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat