[Avodah] manipulating bodily energies

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:10:21 PST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 6:56 PM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

> Richard Wolpoe wrote:
>

> This is moreshes avosenu, and if it doesn't fit in with your idea
> of monotheism then so much the worse for monotheism.  I believe in
> Yiddishkeit - if you choose describe it as monotheistic, then so be
> it, I'm a monotheist; but if you then change the definition of
> monotheism so that Yiddishkeit no longer fits it, then fine, I'm
> not a monotheist.  My father never taught me about "monotheism",
> and it's probably not even in his working vocabulary.  My zeide
> probably did know the word, and could spell it and make a stab at
> pronouncing it, but I never heard him use it.  My elter-zeide never
> even *heard* of it.  They all believed in Hashem Echod, and also in
> all these "superstitions" that are apparently not consistent with
> your monotheism.  And that doesn't bother me in the least.
>

> --
> Zev Sero

When Msiohe Rabbeinu came down from the mountain the Egel was minhag Yisroel
And so was the Egel Minhag for 10 Sevatim after Yerav'am
And was AZA prevalent in the during the late of Bayyis Rishon.  The last
malchey Yehuda were all ov'day AZ
Except oshiyahu The fact that it is YIDDISHKKEIT does not make it kosher

Many superstitions  have bee npracticed by Jews .  the  Rambam and many
G'dolim attacked them virulently.

We have had MANY false Messiah's.  jes have been led astray from Torah Trued
Judaim my MANY ism's/ Many Jewish Zaidies worshipped Marx or Eugene v.
Debbs. Were THEY kosher, too?

So are youe REALLY saying is that any superstition that violates Tamim
tihyeh im Hashem Elokecha is OK so long as it is popular?

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com