[Avodah] charging ribis to a Jew / non-Jew

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jan 9 16:26:55 PST 2008

On Mon, December 31, 2007 10:41 am, Kelmar, Michael J. wrote:
: R' Micha Berger wrote: "WRT ribis, the pasuq implies what the
: difference is when taking ribis from a Jew vs taking it from a non-Jew.
: It uses the word "achikha". It's not that ribis is inherently immoral,
: it's that brothers don't charge brothers interest."

: Fahr vos nisht?  Do brothers not charge brothers 5 cents for a gum
: ball?
: Also, I do not know what the phrase "inherently immoral" means.
: Please provide some hesbir.

I don't need to, as RDB captured my intent. On Fri, Dec 28, '07