[Avodah] kinetic healing and halacha

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jan 9 02:48:10 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 12:42:51AM -0800, Liron Kopinsky wrote:
: I might be mistaken, but I think the Sefer Hachinuch defines Kishuf as the
: mixing of different physical components in such a way that they create an
: effect in heaven. Since every object on this world has a spiritual
: counterpart in shamayim, "playing" with physical objects in certain ways
: mixes up their spiritual mirror as well.

: With this definition it seems more likely that pharmacology would be more
: likely Kishuf than any form of pseudo-science.

Pharmacology doesn't invoke the Enochian principle: "As above so below."
It's entirely physical, without invoking spiritual forces.

The Chinukh seems to be describing standard magical thinking, found
in alchemy, Enochian "Qabbalah", Gnosticism, etc... For that matter,
not to far from a voodoo doll -- make changes on the representation in
order to cause changes in the represented.

Micha Berger             "The most prevalent illness of our generation is
micha at aishdas.org        excessive anxiety....  Emunah decreases anxiety:
http://www.aishdas.org   'The Almighty is my source of salvation;  I will
Fax: (270) 514-1507      trust and not be afraid.'" (Isa 12) -Shalhevesya