[Avodah] halachot that depend on LH

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 04:29:46 PDT 2008

Obviously, I did not make myself clear. Of course there will be all 613
mitzvot. Murder is murder and chometz is chometz. My question is about
a mitzva where a _detail_ in the mitzva is "dependent" apparently on
people speaking Lashon Hara. For example, the rule of "kol d'lo posak"
which can force a person to divorce his wife. The aveira is niuf. That
won't change. But the parameters for assuming the aveira took place,
seem to be dependent on people speaking LH about it.>>

You obviously are not a Brisker. When learning Gittin with RYBS he never
took these gemarot literally but used "kol d'lo posak" as a tool for
the basic understanding why we might require a get in this case.
The famous phrase he used was that Brisk changed Oreh Deah from pots and
pans to axiomatic positions. The same applies to gittin.

kol tuv

--
Eli Turkel