[Avodah] history

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:44:11 PDT 2008

If I take this idea of his a bit further, we can say
that b'vadai, many things were not written in the Torah, but orally
they were still transmitted - not only halacha, but history too! You
think that Avraham's descendants didn't have stories of Avraham's
life of tzidkut, told by Avraham to Yitzchak to Yaakov etc.??!! Heck,
moreover, Avraham probably told a lot of mundane stories about funny
thing that happened when he watering his camels,>>

Why bothers me is that we have all these history stories from way back.
However descriptions of the bet hamikdash a few years after its
destruction is subject to controversy. Even where the mizbeach stood
is subject to a machloket of Taanaim not to speak of the details of
many korbanot, details of he parochet etc. Some of these would only be
known or cohanim or even only a few cohanim. However, other facts like
the position of the mizbeach should have known to everyone

--
Eli Turkel