[Avodah] Jewish Music

David Eisen davide at arnon.co.il
Mon Mar 3 06:36:04 PST 2008

RRW noted:

I once heard in the hallow halls of RIETS that the Rav [RYDS} said if it
makes no sense it cannot be halachah.  and this is pPerhaps why RYDS did
no buy into the Taz's humra of Davening late on Shauvos!]- and even the
Magen Avraham ONLY required saying Kiddush after Tzeis [ayein sham!]
--

I heard the following story from R. Aharon Adler of Ramot A':

RYDS was asked by a talmid who engaged in karate if it was permissible
to perform the customary kowtow before one's fellow combatant at the
beginning of each match. He paskened that it is assur and proceeded to
explain that the reason it is assur is because this is "shtupid," and
anything that is "shtupid" is assur!

Kol tuv,
David