[Avodah] Hot Cheese for Shabbat Lunch

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 22:39:54 PST 2008

>>my husband asked the hostess if she had a piece of cold   chicken in
the fridge or something else fleishig he could  eat.<<

A couple of people wrote me off list to ask why it was OK to embarrass  our
hosts or to say that asking the hostess for something not on the  menu is rude.
 Obviously my husband felt comfortable enough with  our friends that it
wasn't an issue.  They were (are) knowledgeable  people who weren't surprised.
They know halacha and they know my  husband!  It wouldn't be appropriate with
everybody or in every  circumstance to speak up but sometimes it is.

--Toby  Katz

Awards. Go to AOL Music.