[Avodah] Sefer HaChinuch on why 2 weeks Nidah for a girland only 1

Michael Poppers MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Thu Feb 14 19:48:01 PST 2008

In Avodah Digest V25#71, R'Micha responded to CRW:
>> That's not the reason that I teach.  A boy is one week and the reason
for 2 weeks for a girl baby is because of the potential life that girl will
eventually give birth to.  Hence, the extra week is added for the girl. <<
> A coomon theme in Tazria (Ki Sazria?) issues of parashah sheets. I
heard it attributed to the Meshekh Chokhmah, the Rogotchover and the
Tanya (ch 6), but never actually found the source. If anyone saw a
primary source, I would appreciate the mar'eh maqom. <
and R'Micha then talks about RSRH.  Well, see RSRH on 3-12:4&5, last
paragraph, re the shvua'yim.

A guten Shabbes and all the best from
--Michael Poppers via RIM pager