[Avodah] The influence of Nusach Sefard on Nusach

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:49:17 PST 2008

I heard Rabbi Bamberger of Sherushei Minhag Ashkenaz fame >>

I note that one of the topics of recent interest is re-establishing the minhag
of local communities. For many years there was a push in many yeshivot for
uniformity.
Rabbi Bamberger has been pushing for the keeping of many old Yekki minhagim.

I just read a sefer (respectfully) attacking many of the psakim of ROY
on the basis
of old Morrocan minhagim and urging the Morrocoan community to keep to their
own customs and not be overwhelmed by what other sefardi communties do.
Most of the sefer is a halachic justification of their customs against
the psak of
ROY to change them
The end has several articles of a general nature on psak
In particular they point out that most communities have been
influenced by outside
sources. In particular sefardim were very influenced by the Rosh and
his descendants
who lived in Toledo for many generations.

--
Eli Turkel