[Avodah] [Areivim] Polygamy

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Feb 5 10:51:56 PST 2008

On Thu, January 31, 2008 11:57 pm, Moshe Y. Gluck wrote:
: It seems to me that Chazal generalized when it came to human nature
: intersecting with Halachah. For example, IIRC, it's a Mishnah/Gemara
: in Eiruvin that says that if a man is in his daughter-in-law's house
: for Shabbos (and he is also in the Techum of his own house) that he
: isn't Koneh Shevisah by his DIL's house because DIL's and FIL's don't
: get along...
: How do we interpret this? Are Chazal saying that the underlying human
: nature is absolute? It might appear that the FIL and DIL get along,
: but there is some predisposition to argument that will always remain?