[Avodah] Critique of Mussar

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jan 31 17:44:45 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:01:51PM -0500, Prof. Levine wrote:
: I do not think that one has to study mussar seforim to incorporate
: the results of the movement into one's actions...
:                                To understand where I am coming from please
: see
: "<http://www.jewishpress.com/displayContent_new.cfm?contentid=19683&mode=a&sectionid=61&contentname=Frum_or_Ehrlich?&recnum=7>Frum
: or Ehrliche?" The Jewish Press, October 20, 2006, page 1.

The way I formuilated things, your saying the ikkar of mussar is not
the notion of having a program for reaching qedushah, but rather the
holistic definition of qedushah. (With nothing said about the role of
tiqun hamidos.)

Micha Berger             You will never "find" time for anything.
micha at aishdas.org        If you want time, you must make it.
http://www.aishdas.org                     - Charles Buxton
Fax: (270) 514-1507