[Avodah] becha yaaminu

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 12:59:52 PST 2008

From:  Saul.Z.Newman at kp.org

>>http://hirhurim.blogspot.com/2008/01/eternal-belief.html   on explaining
the verse---Behold, I come to you in the thick cloud, that the  people may
hear when I speak with you, and believe you forever   -  in a time when not
all do...<<

The pasuk refers to a prophecy that people will believe in Moshe  forever.
It does not state or imply that all the people in the  world, or even all the
Jews in the world, will always believe in Moshe and in  the Torah.

It is not only "today" but every year since the actual giving of the Torah
that some Jews have rejected the Torah.  It isn't the existence of  some or
even many unbelievers that is relevant here. What is  relevant is the continuing
existence, without a break in history, of a  community of believers.

In fact there has always been and still remains a faithful Torah  community
that continues, 3000 years later, to believe in Moshe Rabeinu.   To me this
fulfillment of an ancient prophecy is an astonishing and  inspiring confirmation
of the truth of the Torah.

--Toby Katz
Romney  -- good values, good family, good hair
Best hope against  Hillary