[Avodah] Beautiful Messianic Insight and Hope Excerpted from Rabbi D. Siegel & torah.org

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:22:17 PST 2008

> Chafetz Chaim raises the classic concern how the latest generations consider
> meriting the advent of Mashiach? If previous generations who were
> undoubtedly more pious than ours did not merit Mashiach how could our
> shameful generation merit him? Chafetz Chaim answers that, on the contrary,
> no generation ever qualified for Mashiach as much as ours. ...
> ri

I've wondered if perhaps the activities of many of the secular
Zionists qualified perhaps as a tikun for sinat chinam. People like
Hertzl, Jabotinsky, and Trumpeldor often were high in the rungs of
gentile society, and yet gave it up to further a Jewish people with
whom they had previously had almost no relationship. Hertzl, for
example, had been almost completely assimilated, and yet in the end
literally worked himself to death for am yisrael.

Mikha'el Makovi