[Avodah] Roast lamb (from areivim)

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 20:51:32 PST 2008

From: Zev Sero <zev at sero.name>
>>Also remember that the KP  doesn't have to be a lamb.  It could be a kid.
I've never had kid, and  I'm sure RTK hasn't either, but perhaps she'd
like it more than  lamb.<<

>From what I hear, goat meat is very tough.  Any of you honchos out  there
ever eaten it?  In any case I seriously don't think I could bring  myself to eat
it.  What about tofu korban Pesach, any chance that will be  allowed in the
Third BHM'K?  That would be more my speed.  Now, just  curious, but what does
Rav Kook say about this?  He was a vegetarian IIRC  and even held that
vegetarianism is a higher spiritual madreigah than  carnivorism?  I think.  Does it say
anywhere that when Moshiach comes  and the lion lies down with the lamb, that
we will all go back to Edenic days  and all stop eating meat?  And then what
will be with the Korban Pesach, or  with all the other korbanos?

This reminds me of another only slightly related question that I've had  for
a long time:  what was the point of Hevel being a shepherd, and also,  what
was the point of Hevel sacrificing animals to Hashem, if they weren't even
allowed to slaughter animals [and/or weren't allowed to eat animals] until  after
the Mabul?

--Toby Katz
Romney -- good values,  good family, good hair
Best hope against  Hillary