[Avodah] washing towels on chol hamoed

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Sep 26 08:31:26 PDT 2006

Gershon Seif wrote:

> I spoke to that posek about this and he asked me why I
> was so sure that mitpichos yodayim are towels for
> drying hands. He learned that they were towels for
> wiping off dirt. He also told me that he's spoken with
> Rav Zucker who wrote the Chol Hamoed sefer and he's
> pretty sure that's how Rav Zucker learned as well.

Try translating it into the Yiddish that was the CC's and the MA's
native language.  They are talking about hant-tacher (towels),
as opposed to tish-tacher (tablecloths) or noz-tacher (handkerchiefs).
As far as I know, any kind of towel is a hant-tach, even if it's
actually a bath towel or a dish towel.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.