[Avodah] Rhyming

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 14 09:20:59 PDT 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 00:17:06 +1000, RSBA <sba at sba2.com> forwarded from R'
"Yossi Aron":
: Not that I can think of but at least two places play with sounds:
: 1. re Nechash hanechoshet -- im noshach hanachash etc

Nachash nechoshes is not necessarily sound play, but word play. Like our
earlier discussion of "vehanachash harah arum" and "ki arumim heim".

For that matter, there is a reason why these words have a shared root. If we
knew them, we would see that it's not merely play, but there is a logical
point. A logical or causal connection between the nachash's craftiness and
their nudity.

-mi
http://www.aishdas.org/asp