[Avodah] Nishtaneh Hateva in modern women

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Sep 7 11:36:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, September 7, 2006 6:10 am, R Chaim Manaster wrote:
: Upon thinking about this further, I am not sure if our collective thinking on
: this is correct. Does Nishtane Hateva mean that there was some fundamental
: change in the nature of things as opposed to some directly identifiable cause
: for the change?

I seem to recall RGS listing three shitos in what "nishtanah hateva" means.
However, I can not find it now. Did I mistake who wrote it?

In either case, here's what I recall:
1- The circumstances changed, perhaps due to environment or breeding (but this
won't work for issues like abiogenesis)
2- The laws of nature changed
3- The theory changed -- I recall seeing this besheim R' Avraham b' haRambam.
(This shitah is unpopular in circles that consider a scientific error in shas
to be kefirah. But there are whole swaths of this topics that we can't discuss
until after RH, due to a ban I imposed...)

-mi
http://www.aishdas.org/asp