[Avodah] Interesting CS - 'positive spin'/consolation re Monsey story

SBA sba at sba2.com
Mon Sep 11 06:58:39 PDT 2006

I have been waiting for one of our rabbonim/gedolim to come up with
something to help those shocked and traumatised Monsey Jews who were
nichshal with nevelos to feel a tiny bit better about themselves.

Tonight someone showed me a piece in Droshos Chasam Sofer - for Shabbos
Shuva, (apparantly mentioned on Shabbos by the Satmar Rebbe -Reb Aharon),
about doing teshuva me'ahavah and zedonos naasu zechuyos.
The CS brings as an example that for such a Baal Teshuva, every piece of
neveileh he previously consumed now becomes like a piece of Korban Pesach !

(Presumably in the Monsey case, where it was definitely not a case of
zedonos, al achas kamo vekamo..)

SBA