[Mesorah] Copy of the first 2 pages of Mikraot Gedolot - Venice edition

Yitzhak Ajzner yitzhakajz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 00:37:19 PDT 2024

Hi,

Would any of you happen to have access to a copy of the Venice Mikraot Gedolot “Dfus Rishon”. I’m referring to the famous 2nd edition, which had its Mesorah inserted by Yakov ben Haim Adoniyahu.

In Hebrew, it is referred to as:

מקראות גדולות, דפוס וונציה רפ"ד-רפ"ו

I need the 1st 2 pages, from when the actual text begins.

The first page will look something like this:

This is a later imitation. I need the original.

They have it in major libraries, but I’m not near one, and I need it scanned in any case.

I couldn’t find anything online.

It might be in Otzar HaHochma, but I don’t have access to that.

If anybody has access to these 1st 2 pages, and scan them somehow for me, I would be very grateful.

I hope it is not a hutzpah to ask, and if so, I apologize.

Yitzhak