[Mesorah] Malka - Is it always "The King", or sometimes it can be just "King"

galsaba at aol.com galsaba at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 09:05:14 PDT 2023

1. I have a question about the word "malka" with Alef at the end. Is it always "HaMelech", or it is sometimes just "Melech"?
2. In Mishlei Perek 31 pasuk 1: " Divre Lemuel Melech". The Targum wrote: "Milohi Dilmuel Malka". What the targum mean? Did he translate it exactly as the Pasuk, ie "Dive Lemuel Melech", or he meant "Divre Lemuel HaMelech"
3. I noticed that in Sefer Daniel sometimes it's written "Malka Nevuchadnetzar" and sometimes "Nevuchadnetzar Malka" . Why?
Is it possible that the first one is "HaMelech Nevuchadnetzar" and the second one is "Nevuchadnetzar Melech"? (similar to "Lemuel Melech"?)
4. In sefer Daniel Perel 3 pasul 15. The text talk about the Kelei Negina. Most of them end with Alef in the end:"Karna", "Mashrokita", etc. Some do not: "Keitros", "sumpnania". My question is, are those with the Alef in the end, should be translated as "the xxx", and those without Alef are not "the"?or none of them mean with "the".
Thanks

Aharon Gal201-414-7190
orah-aishdas.org