[Mesorah] Tehillim 130:6 Pauses

rabbirichwolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 15:26:19 PST 2023

more than guards who must guard until morning (מִשֹּׁמְרִ֥ים לַ֝בֹּ֗קֶר)yearn for the morning (שֹׁמְרִ֥ים לַבֹּֽקֶר)>>My D'rash on this is simpleThe first shomrim is a nounThe 2nd a verbSo I read the SECOND shomrim as if it wereהשומרים OrששומריםSince I'm uncertain that this is the intended p'shatI'll call it a d'rashAt any rate i enjoy thisשקלא וטריא RRW
-------- Original message --------From: Yitzhak Ajzner <yitzhakajz at gmail.com> Date: 11/25/23  17:11  (GMT-05:00) To: dovbbb at gmail.com, 'rabbirichwolpoe' <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com> Cc: mesorah at aishdas.org Subject: RE: [Mesorah] Tehillim 130:6 Pauses I understand differently: My soul yearns for Hashem, (נַפְשִׁ֥י לַֽאדֹנָ֑י)more than guards who must guard until morning (מִשֹּׁמְרִ֥ים לַ֝בֹּ֗קֶר)yearn for the morning (שֹׁמְרִ֥ים לַבֹּֽקֶר) Anybody who has even stood in a tower for a 2am till 6am guarding stint, will know exactly what he means. Besorot tovot,Yitzhak  From: Mesorah <mesorah-bounces at lists.aishdas.org> On Behalf Of Dov Bloom via MesorahSent: Saturday, 25 November 2023 11:44 PMTo: rabbirichwolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com>Cc: mesorah at aishdas.orgSubject: Re: [Mesorah] Tehillim 130:6 Pauses It basically means : My soul is with Hashem all day long (for a 24 hour period, from waiting for daybreak until the next day, waiting for daybreak).The accentuation correctly has the major pause on the etnach. The revia mugrash is a smaller pause .DB  On Fri, Nov 24, 2023, 20:15 rabbirichwolpoe via Mesorah <mesorah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:: {ו} נַפְשִׁ֥י לַֽאדֹנָ֑י מִשֹּׁמְרִ֥ים לַ֝בֹּ֗קֶר שֹׁמְרִ֥ים לַבֹּֽקֶר:  Many make the main  pause between the last 2 phrases ofשומרים לבקר But as per the Trope, the main pause should be after Hashem, with the other pause being secondary...   RRW _______________________________________________Mesorah mailing listMesorah at lists.aishdas.orghttp://lists.aishdas.org/listinfo.cgi/mesorah-aishdas.org