[Mesorah] Emet Trops

galsaba at aol.com galsaba at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 00:50:40 PST 2023

I have a question regarding the following pasuk:"לְדָוִ֡ד אֵ֘לֶ֤יךָ יְדוָ֨ד ׀ אֶקְרָ֗א   צוּרִי֮ אַֽל־תֶּחֱרַ֪שׁ מִ֫מֶּ֥נִּי  פֶּן־תֶּֽחֱשֶׁ֥ה מִמֶּ֑נִּי    וְ֝נִמְשַׁ֗לְתִּי עִם־י֥וֹרְדֵי בֽוֹר׃" (תהילים כח:א)
I put the spaces as they appear in Tehilim The edition on Mosad HaRav Kuk.It is clear that there is a long pause after "LeDavid". The reason is the ta'am Pazer. Ta'am pazer when it "rules" just its own word, ie, there is no any word before it, in this case this trope is not a "shalish" (the weakest level), but it is the "temura" ("replacement") of the Etnach.

In this case, how it is possible that Etnach (its "temura") will appear before the trop Ole VeYored?How it is possible to have two Etnach (one is a temura) in the same pasuk?

Aharon Gal201-414-7190