[Mesorah] Vauikra - Alef Zeira

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Sun Mar 13 15:18:10 PDT 2022

I will only say, from my point of view, what the Rambam says about all the funny-shaped letters, including the many that Ashenaz sofrim do not write: it is a tradition with no definitive reason, but an opportunity for rabbis to make d;rashos, as Rabbi ‘Aqiva did for all the different tagim. But one should keep the tradition.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel