[Mesorah] three consecutive shvas

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 04:20:28 PDT 2021

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Just a few minutes before Shabbos, I did
email out a response, but it accidentally went only to one person, and not
to the whole group.

Here's what I had sent then:

> Thanks! In case anyone is wondering,  the edition I was using is the new
Artscroll Onkelos. (Typos are very common in first editions.)
> I should have checked other editions before asking, and I'll try to do so
over Shabbos.

It turns out that I could have discovered/corrected the typo not only by
looking in other editions of Onkelos, but even by looking in the same
volume that I was already using. "Widow" isn't all that rare a word, and it
is spelled correctly in the very next two psukim after the pasuk that I had
asked about! (typo in Devarim 24:19, correct in 24:20 and 24:21)

Thanks again to all.

Akiva Miller