[Mesorah] a kleingkeit for Pesach

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Mon Apr 13 13:36:54 PDT 2020

This is a later hypercorrection.  There is no Aramaic form tishbah.ta or tishb'h.ata attested anywhere except some Sefaradi siddurim, and so is transparently an attempt to get the Aramaic to mimic the Hebrew, since the Ar'I approved of the hiriq form in Hebrew.
In the Aramaic, however, the Ar'I kept the form tushb'h.ata, as is clear form R.Hayyim Vital's comments.  The change was only in the Hebrew, to conform with the opinion of the Qimhi's that no tu- forms exist in Hebrew.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice and Fax (212) 613-8330        e-mail mandels at ou.org