[Mesorah] Is the Masoretic text the most authentic?

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Mon Nov 11 08:19:52 PST 2019

It means neither,
The truth trumps everything, because the Torah is always true.
Once it was decided that we pasken like Aharon ben Asher and we have a manuscript that he himself wrote, the story is finished.
Other Rishonim, had they had the mss. as the Rambam did, would not have disagreed.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice and Fax (212) 613-8330        e-mail mandels at ou.org