[Mesorah] Kimchi's rules

Mandel, Seth mandels at ou.org
Wed Apr 17 13:10:41 PDT 2019

I wrote about the closest sound in English. O-umlaut is also close, but very different.  The umlaut sound in Herman are front vowels enunciated with the lips rounded. The Teimani cholam is a mid-central vowel, not front nor back, no rounding of the lips.

---
Sent from Workspace ONE Boxer<https://whatisworkspaceone.com/boxer>