[Mesorah] P. Metzora 14:6 Hash'chutah

rabbirichwolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 12:04:30 PDT 2019

I've heard both that1  the Qimchi Diqduq differs from the Masorete's diqduqand2. I've heard it's based upon the Mesorah.I just don't know enough to know for sure.I also asked if there are any books or articles listing where the Qimchis deviate from the Masoretes.RRW
-------- Original message --------From: Simon Montagu <simon.montagu at gmail.com> Date: 4/14/19  2:20 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Akiva Miller <akivagmiller at gmail.com> Cc: Richard Wolpoe <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com>, Avodah Torah Discussion Group <avodah at aishdas.org>, mesorah at aishdas.org Subject: Re: [Mesorah] P. Metzora 14:6 Hash'chutah On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 9:07 PM Akiva Miller via Mesorah <mesorah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:R' Rich Wolpoe wrote <<< 3. Since The Masoretic text does not follow our rules of Diqduq, there is no reason to expect a dagesh in that Tes  >>>I'm having trouble with the clause "The Masoretic text does not follow our rules of Diqduq". If I'm reading it correctly, then either the Masoretic text is wrong, or our rules of Diqduq are wrong. Which?If I write "colour" and you write "color" is one of us wrong? No, we are just following different spelling conventions.