[Mesorah] sh'wa and qomatz in Aramaic (was: Chad Gadya)

Michael R. Stein m-stein at northwestern.edu
Thu Apr 11 09:49:43 PDT 2019

Can someone (R' Seth?) provide references to R' Mazuz's writings on this
subject for those of us who would like to read further?

A very long time ago, I took a course on Babylonian Aramaic with Prof.
Shlomo Morag at Hebrew U.  I recall a student asking about the
pronunciation of qamatz qatan in Aramaic and his reply "what makes you
think there is such a thing in Aramaic?"  (Given the time lapse, I claim
only 70% accuracy for this recollection).

Mike Stein