[Mesorah] Two (obvious) questions on parshas bereshis - double trop and double arum

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Tue Oct 9 10:54:59 PDT 2018

Shana tova, eveybody.  These questions are so obvious that I'm sure they've
been asked before.  Nevertheless . . . .

1.  What's the deal with the two trop marks on one word (5:29, "zeh")?
What does that even mean?  What does it do?

2.  According to an online version of Strong's, they say that the first two
occasions of the word "arum" (ayin-reish-mem), are from two different
shorashim (one meaning naked, the other meaning cunning).  Can anyone here
elaborate on that?  (I also have a vague recollection of an assertion that
mikveh (pool) and kaveh (hope) also come from two different shorashim . . .
)

Thoughts, anyone?

-- Sholom