[Mesorah] a kleinigkeit

Danny Levy danestlev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 12:34:39 PST 2018

Yes, the Leningrad has both a patach and a ge'aya. I did not mean to imply
otherwise; I just separated discussion of the vowel from that of the ge'aya.

I looked in R. Breuer's book - he does not mention this case.

You are correct that he did not list everything in Da'at Mikra.  B is not
listed in his Torah lists (I did not check the Nakh volumes), although he
does list B occasionally in his book but not routinely.  This seems to
indicate that he did not check B routinely - why not list it if he did?  In
this case, if he would have seen that B agrees with Leningrad, he may well
have adopted that text in his Tanakh.

Danny