[Mesorah] Segol and Shalsheles

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 7 10:16:27 PDT 2017

This is basically correct, but, as always, there are details.

You should not be looking at Heidenheim.  He was very advanced for his time, but later scholarship has improved on him.  You should be looking at, for example, Broyer's book on trop, or some other modern ones.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel
Rabbinic Coordinator
The Orthodox Union

Voice (212) 613-8330     Fax (212) 613-0718     e-mail mandels at ou.org