[Mesorah] More on "pausal forms"

Mandel, Seth via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 7 09:24:57 PDT 2017

Most of this is wrong, according to the evidence, but I do not have time to argue now.

BUT what is clearly wrong is what is quoted about the mss. evidence.  On certain things the mss. disagree, that is correct.  But on the major items they do not.  ALL mss. have tushbachot, for example, whether S'faradi or Teimani.  And certain other things, such as k'no'omakh at the end of birkhost QS in the morning, in all old Ashk'nazi mss.

It is a methodological error to say since mss. disagree on some things that they disagree in everything.

I invite you to look for yourself, rather than quoting what anyone told you.

I have to go, but I will get back to this at a future date.

Rabbi Dr. Seth Mandel