[Mesorah] exception to vavei haamudim

Zev Sero via Mesorah mesorah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 4 13:09:24 PDT 2017

On 04/05/17 15:37, Nehemiah Klein via Mesorah wrote:
> But firstly, it seems that the sifrei Torah have both, "two minhagim"
> implies one or the other.

If there's a safek, why not do both?  "Bekah shemo" is a requirement.
Vavim is not.

> Secondly the footnote of "bekah Shmo at the
> top of an amud" appears in chumashim by "shemor lecha" and not by "shnei
> se'irim", why isn't this more well-known?

Which chumashim?  I just forwarded a chumash that does have it.

And "shoftim veshotrim" is known by anyone who has learned these simanim
in Shulchan Aruch, even if they skipped the Shach and Taz and learned
only with Ba'er Hetev.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all